Thursday, December 1, 2016

The 2017 Registration Post

Hi all!

This will be mostly a copy/paste job since no actual details have changed to get into the lottery.

Here are the details, from now until December 31 (postmarked by):

1 ) Please send a STANDARD POSTCARD to:

Ragnarok 105 c/o
Isaac Giesen
428 Franklin St.
Red Wing, MN    55066

2) NOTE that I said STANDARD POSTCARD. This does not mean a randomly sized chunk of cardboard, or a slip of paper in an envelope. Go out to countless places and buy a postcard. We will be holding a random lottery style drawing and no one will get preferential treatment (outside of the previous winners or those who have been through all of the editions of the 'Rok. Goofy sized cards stack the deck one way or the other...

3) On the postcard, please LEGIBLY write out the following:

Your Name
Your Email Address
and the statement "I am responsible for myself"

I'll start a post that will list everyone who has gotten into the lottery. Don't be worried yet, I'll try and do it this weekend (work is crazy busy).

4) Black Friday is the first day that I'll "accept" cards, and you have until December 31 to have your card postmarked and on its way to Red Wing.

5) I'm not actually a total stickler for the rules, but we really do appreciate not getting random little bits of paper with names, oddly shaped chunks of cardboard, etc. It just makes things easier for us.

6) You must send in a card YOURSELF! If I see that the same person has sent in multiple cards for different folks, then those cards are going in the trash. There is a requirement to write out "I am responsible for myself" and it pretty much defeats the purpose of that if you can't even be bothered to send in your own card.

7) We will cap the roster at 150 riders. So there is a chance that the lottery will not be needed. If we have more than 150 cards, the drawing will take place a week or so after the new year. I will keep all those not pulled in the lottery on a waiting list. Last year EVERYONE on the waiting list got in (though some were very late notice so couldn't make it).

8) Previous winners still need to send in a card. You just won't go into the drawing (this goes for Men and Women)

9) I think that is it. Ask questions if you have any.

10) Happy Holidays!