Well kids, it's that time of year again to pick up/dust off/make your postcards. The Ragnarok 105 is back in business for another year. I'd say it will be bigger and better than last year, but honestly, I don't think it can be (ok, in theory the weather could be worse).
When: April 18th, 2009. (edit... was April 11th, but that is Easter weekend)
Where: Starts and ends at Colville Park in Red Wing, MN.
What: The Ragnarok 105 is a mainly unsupported "race" that traverses the countryside east, west, and south of Red Wing in Goodhue and Wabasha counties. The length of the course is approximately 105 miles, and it will be almost a totally different course this year. There will be ONE location where you will be allowed to receive outside assistance from a support crew if you want. At least one other town to refuel (no outside crew support there though).
1A. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF!
1. Must wear a helmet while on the course.
2. Must have front and rear lights (nothing fancy, just something blinking).
3. Must follow the rules of the road. If there is a stop sign, stop (officially I'm saying this...), if the speed limit is 55 mph, please don't exceed the speed limit.
4. You will get 1/2 of the course on tulip notes at the start. The other 1/2 will be given to you at the Zumbro Falls checkpoint.
5. There will be time cutoffs. More details later.
I'll be more detailed with the official rules as we go along (not too long into the future, just lazy tonight).
But, for now... here is what you really will want to know.
A) We are capping the field at 50 riders.
B) First come, first in... no lottery.
C) IF you are crazy enough to want to be in for the race, all you have to do is mail a postcard or card of some sort though the Postal Service to:
134 Kingswood Drive #210
Red Wing, MN 55066
With the following information:
Class (open or singlespeed)
When I receive the postcard I will fire off a confirmation email.
I think that's it. Any questions? Post em up here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks for reading!