So, we're planning on running this doozy of a ride/race again in 2018. The date that we've picked out is April 7. One whole week later than last year so you can expect 70 degrees and sunny. If you have any questions about what the event is... just peruse this horrible blogspot website. Lots of info to be gleaned. Otherwise feel free to ask here or send me an email at email@example.com
Here is how you can throw your name into the hat to get into the historic 11th edition:
From November 24 (Black Friday) until December 30 (postmarked by):
1 ) Please send a STANDARD POSTCARD to:
Ragnarok 105 c/o
5595 Cannondale Court
Red Wing, MN 55066
2) NOTE that I said STANDARD POSTCARD. This does not mean a randomly sized chunk of cardboard, or a slip of paper in an envelope. Go out to countless places and buy a postcard. We will be holding a random lottery style drawing and no one will get preferential treatment (outside of the previous winners or those who have been through all of the editions of the 'Rok. Goofy sized cards stack the deck one way or the other...
3) On the postcard, please LEGIBLY write out the following:
Your Email Address
and the statement "I am responsible for myself"
I'll start a post that will list everyone who has gotten into the lottery.
4) Black Friday is the first day that I'll "accept" cards, and you have until December 31 to have your card postmarked and on its way to Red Wing.
5) I'm not actually a total stickler for the rules, but we really do appreciate not getting random little bits of paper with names, oddly shaped chunks of cardboard, etc. It just makes things easier for us.
6) You must send in a card YOURSELF! If I see that the same person has sent in multiple cards for different folks, then those cards are going in the trash. There is a requirement to write out "I am responsible for myself" and it pretty much defeats the purpose of that if you can't even be bothered to send in your own card.
7) We will cap the roster at 150 riders. So there is a chance that the lottery will not be needed. If we have more than 150 cards, the drawing will take place a week or so after the new year. I will keep all those not pulled in the lottery on a waiting list. Last year EVERYONE on the waiting list got in (though some were very late notice so couldn't make it).
8) Previous winners still need to send in a card. You just won't go into the drawing (this goes for Men and Women)
9) I think that is it. Ask questions if you have any.